Frequently Asked Questions - ISU Dining
- What do I do if I lose my ISUCard?
- What services does ISU Dining offer for sick students?
- What services does ISU Dining offer for students with food allergies, special diets, etc.?
- Why do I have to purchase a meal plan if I live in the residence halls?
- How do I redeem my meal plan?
- How do I change my meal plan?
- Can I use my meal plan during University breaks?
- How do I apply for a job in ISU Dining?
- What if I don't use all my meals for the semester?
- What do I do if when they swipe my ISUCard and it either doesn't work or doesn't show me as having a meal plan?
- What are Dining Dollar$?
- How do I open a Dining Dollar$ account?
- Can I add more money to my account?
- When can I add money to my Dining Dollar$ account?
- How can I pay for Dining Dollar$?
- Where can I use my Dining Dollar$?
- What can I purchase with Dining Dollar$
- When is my Dining Dollar$ account valid?
- What do I do if my schedule does not allow me to eat breakfast, lunch, or dinner at the residential dining facility?
- ISU Dining Gift Cards
What do I do if I lose my ISUCard?
Visit any dining center and request a temporary meal pass. A a non-refundable fee of $3.00 charged to your Ubill. Your temporary pass is good for one week and must be returned. It can be returned to any dining center office. If you do not return your temporary meal pass by the expiration date printed on the pass, you will be charged an additional $20. For your protection, your Dining Dollar$ are not accessible for use with a temporary meal pass. Additionally:
- To protect your CyCash and Dining Dollar$ accounts, you should deactivate your ISUCard in AccessPlus on the A+Home Tab using the ISU ID's option.
- To obtain a new ISUCard, visit the ISUCard Office in 0530 Beardshear Hall, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- There is a fee of $25 for a replacement card.
- If you have opted to use the optional banking services with the ISUCard, you must also call (800) 444-1244 immediately to inform them of the lost card.
A. Contact the dining center management staff in your primary dining center. Explain your situation to the manager, and he/she will be glad to help you with any dietary needs and/or to make arrangements to have a roommate pick up a meal for you.
A. Your contract, per the Terms and Conditions, is for both room and board. There are limited cooking facilities in the residence halls, so meals must be provided at a centrally located dining center.
A. Your ISUCard acts as your meal pass. You simply go to any of the residential dining centers and give your card to the attendant. He or she will swipe your card through a machine, and the meal is automatically deducted from your meal plan.
A. You can change your meal plan through AccessPlus during the first week of the semester. After the Friday of that first week, no meal plan changes are allowed until the following semester.
A. Meal plans are inactive during the University breaks (fall, winter, and spring breaks). During this time, you will not be able to use a meal swipe from your meal plan (including Block plans and meal bundles); however, you can use Dining Dollar$ to eat in any ISU Dining establishment during University breaks.
A. Visit the ISU Dining Web site to fill out an application online or print off an application that you can return via mail or hand delivery to the ISU Dining office in 1215 Friley. More information about employment
A. There is no refund on meals that are missed. Meals do not carry over to the next semester.
Q. What do I do if when they swipe my ISUCard and it either doesn't work or doesn't show me as having a meal plan?
A. Check with the manager on duty at the dining center. That person can check your status on the computer and resolve the problem, or they will send you to the ISU Dining Administration Office in 1215 Friley. If you eat a meal for which you do not have a meal plan, you will be charged later.
A. Dining Dollar$ are a pre-paid account you may use for the purchase of food and services in any ISU Dining location.
A. By signing a meal plan that includes Dining Dollar$ or by purchasing in increments of $10 through AccessPlus.
A. Yes! You may add money to your Dining Dollar$ account in increments of $10.00 through your student account in AccessPlus or by visiting the Dining Administration Office in 1215 Friley.
A.You can add to your Dining Dollar$ account anytime during your contract period.
A. You may add additional Dining Dollar$ to your U-bill, pay by check.
A. Dining Dollar$ are accepted at all ISU Dining establishments on campus, including dining centers, c-stores, cafes, and restaurants.
A. You may purchase additional meals, meals not included in your meal plan contract, extra items for a sack meal and/or any item in the c-stores and cafés.
A. You may use your Dining Dollar$ account beginning the first day ISU Dining is open in the fall semester. Dining Dollar$ are for the academic year only. Dining Dollar$ balances at the end of the fall semester will carry over to the spring semester. Dining Dollar$ balances not used by the end of the spring semester will be forfeited.
Q. What do I do if my schedule does not allow me to eat breakfast, lunch, or dinner at the residential dining facility?
A. Stop by one of the many cafes on campus to pick up a quick meal-to-go. Dining Dollar$ are accepted at all ISU Dining establishments. You can also get meal bundles to go or use the ISU Dining To-Go program in the residential dining centers.
ISU Dining gift cards make a great gift for friends, colleagues or visitors to campus. Gift cards come in $10 and $20 amounts. They can be used at any ISU Dining location on campus! To purchase an ISU Dining gift card, simply stop by any campus cafe or convenience store and tell the cashier you'd like to buy a gift card.
If you are an Iowa State University department and would like to order a large quantity of gift cards or alternate amounts, please contact our main dining office at 294-3856.
Caribou Coffee Gift Cards
Caribou Coffee gift cards are also available in amounts from $5- to $1000. These can be purchased at Caribou Coffee located in the Hub. The Caribou gift cards can be redeemed at any Caribou Coffee.